Watch this page for continued updates regarding COVID-19.
UPDATE - Friday, July 3, 11:03 AM
UPDATE - Wednesday, June 2, 7:14 PM
UPDATE - Sunday, May 17, 11:45 AM
UPDATE - Monday, March 16, 5:24 PM
Update On COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and Impact's Response #3
Hi Impact Family,
As we continue to see the spread of the Coronavirus here in our area, and as we continue to monitor the recommendations of our federal and local leaders, the Leadership Team at Impact is trying to be wise in our response.
Our desire is to both serve and minister the love of Christ to our community while also protecting people from the spread of this highly contagious virus. Scripture also teaches us to respect and submit to our governing officials (Romans 13). As a result of these things, wisdom now causes us to move our services online until further notice. We will not be meeting face-to-face at our campus until our leadership feels it is safe to do so. Our amazing staff is working with their teams to provide quality alternatives in online formats. Here's what we are working on:
- We will be offering our services online on Sundays and it will be available during the week too (If you missed last week's service you can still find it on our web site)! The service will go live on Sunday morning each week on our website and on social media.
- We will be offering programming for Impact Kids and our PAC Student Ministry either online or digital formatting.
- Drive Through Communion and Prayer. On Sunday's from 9:00 – 9:30 am and 10:30 - 11:00 am a few of our leaders will be ready to give you Communion elements in sealed containers. You can take these home to use at Communion time during the online service or you may partake of them in your car. The leaders will pray with you before you leave. All of this can take place while you stay in your car with very limited exposure to others.
- We are also working to help our Growth Groups be able to use technology to continue to stay connected during this time.
- We encourage you to be faithful in your giving through our app or online through our website. You can use this link – click here.
- While many of our staff will be working remotely, we will all be checking our voicemail often, and we remain available to serve you and assist you.
While we prefer face-to-face contact and gathering together to celebrate Jesus, these are the safest alternatives during this time of global crisis.
As you know, prior to any request or recommendation of the government, we had taken the action of closing The Landing and The Landing Cafe through March 28th. We will continue to monitor the situation and make adjustments if needed.
Thank you for your understanding and we ask that you join us in prayer during this time. Please pray for:
- Our leaders locally, nationally and globally in this difficult time.
- For the spread of this virus to be halted.
- For those most at risk ("the least of these") that they may be protected physically and economically.
- For personal opportunities to let the light and hope of Jesus shine through you during this time.
- For Impact's staff and leaders as we seek to make wise decisions and be used by Jesus during this crisis.
We will continue to update you through email and social media. Please don't hesitate to call or email if we can help you.
I love you and I love being your Pastor!
UPDATE - Saturday, March 14, 4:00 PM
UPDATE - Saturday, March 14, 1:30 PM
Update on Worship Services and Church Events #2 (COVID-19 Response)
Hello Impact Family,
It is without a doubt that we are living in an unprecedented time. The Leadership of Impact has been closely monitoring the situation with the Coronavirus and have been seeking counsel from local leaders of this situation.
First, we want to reiterate that we should not live in fear. We trust an Almighty God and He is by our side.
In this time, we as a church want to identify our role in "loving the ‘Burgh’”. We believe our role in loving our community is to make some steps to partner with our community to end the advancement of the virus. With that, we made the tough decision to not meet in person for services tomorrow, rather we will worship together online. Tomorrow morning our service from Thursday night will be posted on our website at www.impactpittsburgh.com and on Facebook. We hope you will join us by worshipping online.
Please also stay tuned to our website for future information and videos regarding this situation.
Also, if you would like some communion to bring home or if you would like to receive prayer, we will have some of the Pastors available at Entrance A from 9:00 am - 9:30 am and 10:30 am - 11am to provide that.
As we mentioned, this is unprecedented time with new information coming in on a regular basis. We are doing our best to determine the best course of action as we charter through these waters.
Here are some other adjustments to our operations during this time:
We are suspending Growth Groups from meeting in person for the time being. We are working on ways to provide online gatherings as we all do our best to practice social distancing.
PAC will also be canceled for tomorrow night.
Our community center, The Landing, will be closed for its regular operations through March 28.
We encourage that you consider to continue your giving online. Although we are adjusting our operations, we are striving to continue to move forward as a church. You can give online at this link: http://www.impactpittsburgh.
Love the ‘Burgh’
It is our desire that in this challenging time, the church will rise up and be the light to those that need it. Stay tuned for ways you can take steps to encourage and love those around you through this time.
God is doing great things and we believe that He will continue to reveal His greatness through this time. We ask that from our homes, we may join together in prayer for safety from this virus, for peace in the midst of discomfort, for protection for all those caring for the sick, making decisions, and helping to continue to provide others with needs and for the greatness of Jesus be proclaimed.
Together in Him,
UPDATE - Thursday, March 12, 3:55 PM
Impact Christian Church COVID-19 Response #1
Hello Impact Family,
We know that the ongoing spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus) is at the forefront of many of your minds. With a few cases reported in Pennsylvania, along with the constant stream of reported cases and news of supply shortages, it’s hard to ignore. We at Impact have been keeping up with the coverage and we are seeking counsel to respond to this outbreak.
We are aware that some large public gatherings are canceling during this time and understand their reasoning, but at this point, our plan is to offer all of our services this week (Thursday at 7: 00 pm and Sunday at 9:30 am and 11:00 am). Our reason for meeting is we honestly believe we can provide comfort and encouragement to each other by gathering for public worship, but doing it in a safe manner.
With that in mind, let me give you some encouragement and make you aware of some steps we are taking as a church during this time of concern:
- We want to live in faith, not fear!
This is a time of uncertainty and anxiety for many. However, we serve a God who is greater than all things and He cares for each of us. We encourage you to cling to Scripture when worry creeps in, and to specifically put your trust in Jesus, the Great Physician. Here are a couple of scriptures that may give you some comfort:
- Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7 (New International)
- Give all your worries to him, because he cares about you. 1 Peter 5:7 (New Century)
- God did not give us a spirit that makes us afraid but a spirit of power and love and self-control. 2 Timothy 1:7 (New Century)
- We want to be wise!
While we are people of faith, it is not living in fear to take wise precautions to assist us in staying healthy.
- As a Church:
- Our Impact Kids ministry is continuing to adhere to a vigorous health policy that includes thoroughly sanitizing our Kid’s Ministry areas and rooms and equipment before and after services. Under our current policy we will continue to not accept any sick children at check-in for the health and safety of everyone.
- We are continuing diligently our practice of keeping the rest of the building clean and will be sanitizing restrooms and other services more frequently.
- Hand sanitizer is currently in short supply but when it becomes available we plan to provide sanitizing stations in more locations in our facility. In the meantime, we have plenty of soap for hand washing available in our restrooms.
- During this time of concern we will serve communion with a piece of bread in the lower cup and the juice in the upper cup. As always, those who prepare communion will both wash their hands and use plastic gloves to ensure cleanliness during preparation.
- We will be making communion available at stations in different parts of the worship center during communion time so that you may go and receive the elements without the need to pass the trays. We ask that you not return your used cup to the tray but drop it in the garbage can provided or use the cup disposal holder on the back of the chair in front of you. Our volunteers will dispose of these cups after each service.
- We also will not be passing the offering bags during this time. You may place your offering and connection cards in the boxes provided near each exit, or this would be a great time to join 65% of our people in giving online or through our APP.
- When you arrive or leave Church, we won’t shake your hand or hug you but we will greet you with lots of warm smiles and a friendly hello. Some may even offer a fist bump. If you are uncomfortable with that, feel free to offer a simple wave of greeting.
- We are working on providing a way for those who feel ill or are at a higher risk to watch the service at home. You will find information on our website (impactpittsburgh.com) and our Facebook Page (Impact Moon Twp).
There will be an ongoing evaluation of all ministry activities and procedures, and we will make adjustments as needed to continue to provide a safe and healthy environment.
- As individuals:
- We ask you to please stay home if you or anyone in your family has a fever or feels sick.
- Since handwashing is more effective than using sanitizer, we ask all our members and attenders to wash their hands often.
- Since those who are most at risk are elderly people or people with underlying health issues, we encourage those who fall in this category to be especially careful and consider staying at home. Please communicate with us so we can encourage you and care for you during this time.
- We suggest you inform yourself of the facts! Check out the CDC’s website here and the Pennsylvania Department of Health’s website here to find out how you can respond and stay healthy.
The Bible teaches we will have troublesome times in this world, but Jesus has come to overcome the world. (John 16:33) Let’s pray together for those suffering from this virus and for this ongoing situation. You can count on the fact that during this time we will do everything we can to help you and those you love Pursue God, Unleash Compassion and Build Community as we let God love us and love others through us.
Please reach out with questions or concerns…and remember…
I love you, and I love being your Pastor!